Monday, February 27, 2006

Mixed reaction

I talked with my mom today. Her surgery was postponed, which she was happy about. She told me she was really nervous the night before, didn't sleep well at all and this morning her blood pressure was off the charts. As it turns out, surgery was postponed because she has an infection which needs to be taken care of first. Hopefully the antibiotics she's taking now can stave off any thing new that may come along within the next few weeks, especially with all this cold, wet weather.

The new date is March 20. She sounded in good spirits and now she gets to do/go to all the things she had planned for this week, including a wedding on Saturday as well as my mother-in-law's 60th birthday picnic. So I'm glad she can go party, but at the same time, I was hoping she could get the surgery over with and be on the mend sooner than later.

The photo: Anemones growing in the flower beds outside of the Conservatory of Flowers, from my recent visit. I bet all this rain's got them wet and muddy now.

No comments: