Monday, May 22, 2006

A memory of the Naked Guy

The news broke yesterday that the former Cal student known as the Naked Guy (Andrew Martinez) died in jail. Now it's on Yahoo news and I saw it again on the Today show this morning.

He'd been there since January on charges of battery and assault with a deadly weapon.

I saw him once. A bunch of my friends and I we're attending Spike & Mike's Sick & Twisted Animation Festival out at Wheeler Hall. He was in attendance but wasn't completely naked. He had boxer shorts on. Everyone whooped and hollered when he walked by, but from what I remember, since he had shorts on, it wasn't really a big deal.

I didn't know he got expelled from Cal. From what little the news has said, it sounds like things went down hill from there though. "Officials are investigating the death as an apparent suicide." He was only 33.

No comments: