dance before me like a million eyes
That call me on and on across the universe
Thoughts meander like a
restless wind inside a letter box
they tumble blindly as
they make their way across the universe
- excerpted from the song Across The Universe,
lyrics written by John Lennon
I've started 3 blog notes and I can't seem to develop any of them. Then Across The Universe came up on Eric's playlist and the above verse struck a chord. He's playing DJ while we both wander through the Web this evening.
Images of broken light dance before me like a million eyes
I am wandering aimlessly across the Internet - jumping from blog to blog, looking up unfamiliar terms and following interesting links only to forget how or why I got there in the first place. Entertaining, mind-numbing, awe-inspiring, repulsing. I leave electronic footprints with every link I follow - someone/something out there is looking back or documenting my virtual journey.
Thoughts meander like a restless wind inside a letter boxSo many ideas going around my head:
- something one of my interns said about Section 8 and public housing: "You make it sound like only poor people live in the projects." Yes, she said that to me.
- digging up old love letters to be possibly published anonymously on a friend's blog
- taking photos of the layoff letter I received earlier in the month
- listening to music at work (to drown out)
- another work group in the clinic argue and cuss during their staff meeting
- office walls should not be so thin
- what it means to be a pedestrian on the Internet superhighway, with the proper shoes, of course
- dyeing Easter eggs