Saturday, March 27, 2010

Nothing's gonna change my world

Nudibranch at night
(A from-the-car-shot of Sam's Chowder House signage, Half Moon Bay, CA)

Images of broken light which
dance before me like a million eyes
That call me on and on across the universe
Thoughts meander like a
restless wind inside a letter box
they tumble blindly as
they make their way across the universe
- excerpted from the song Across The Universe,
lyrics written by John Lennon

I've started 3 blog notes and I can't seem to develop any of them. Then Across The Universe came up on Eric's playlist and the above verse struck a chord. He's playing DJ while we both wander through the Web this evening.

Images of broken light dance before me like a million eyes
I am wandering aimlessly across the Internet - jumping from blog to blog, looking up unfamiliar terms and following interesting links only to forget how or why I got there in the first place. Entertaining, mind-numbing, awe-inspiring, repulsing. I leave electronic footprints with every link I follow - someone/something out there is looking back or documenting my virtual journey.

Thoughts meander like a restless wind inside a letter box
So many ideas going around my head:
  • something one of my interns said about Section 8 and public housing: "You make it sound like only poor people live in the projects." Yes, she said that to me.
  • digging up old love letters to be possibly published anonymously on a friend's blog
  • taking photos of the layoff letter I received earlier in the month
  • listening to music at work (to drown out)
  • another work group in the clinic argue and cuss during their staff meeting
  • office walls should not be so thin
  • what it means to be a pedestrian on the Internet superhighway, with the proper shoes, of course
  • dyeing Easter eggs
It's 11:51PM and writing about thinking about writing about these things is about as far as I'm going to get tonight.

No comments: